2) Oversees effective delivery of Institute programming, and is a liaison with academic, governmental, and industrial partners
3) Has overall responsibility for the management, operations, financial, outreach, and programming for the center.
4) Operational oversight of the Institute for Mathematical and Statistical Innovation, including strategic planning and goal setting, as well as administrative management.
5) Development and management of strategic partnerships including with corporations, partner universities, national labs, and professional organizations.
6) Pursuit of philanthropic opportunities to support the Instituteâ™s strategic objectives.
7) Provide project management, data gathering , and writing for proposals and grants associated with the Institute.
8) Operational management of federal grants including relationship with the National Science Foundation
9) Provide leadership for the Institute by working with the faculty leadership as well as senior communications, development, and outreach staff to foster research, disseminate findings, and achieve real-world impact.
1) Demonstrated understanding of and experience with the mathematical sciences. Understanding of the intersections between research, applied science, education, and the private sector.
2) Demonstrated experience successfully growing and leading a team.
3) Demonstrated experience and success in fundraising.
4) A high degree of enthusiasm, energy, and creativity.
5) Evidence of successful leadership skills.
6) Evidence of strategic planning; ability to align tactical work efforts with strategic vision.
7) Project execution skills, including managing deadlines and projecting financial statements.
8) Proven ability to multitask and successfully complete projects on tight deadlines with little supervision.
9) A willingness to work hard, be self-motivated, and learn will be essential for doing well in this position.
10) Excellent oral and written communication and public speaking skills including the ability to translate technical ideas into non-technical content.
11) Evidence of understanding how to support student and faculty researchers.
12) Evidence of ability to support building relationships across diverse cultures and backgrounds, within the University, the regional ecosystem, and beyond.
13) Entrepreneurial approach and the ability to operate in âœstart-upâ mode, adapting to the changing needs of a new and evolving organization.
14)Â Familiarity with working in a university setting
1) Minimum 10 years of work experience in related job discipline
2) Cover letter
3) List of three references
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under Resume/CV section of the application.
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via the Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
Internal Number: JR08966
About University of Chicago (UC)
One of the world's premier academic and research institutions, the University of Chicago has driven new ways of thinking since our 1890 founding. Today, UChicago is an intellectual destination that draws inspired scholars to our Hyde Park and international campuses, keeping UChicago at the nexus of ideas that challenge and change the world.