TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE ONLINE APPLICATION AT WWW.ROBS.ORG/CAREERS. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RESUMES OR APPLICATIONS BY EMAIL OR THROUGH THIS SITE.
To apply, go to www.robs.org/careers. We only review applications submitted through the school website.
River Oaks Baptist School is seeking a dynamic and innovative educator to join our team as a middle school science teacher beginning August 2021. This teacher will be responsible for Life Science (seventh grade). The ideal candidate will have a passion for curriculum and Mind, Brain, and Education Science research. This position reports to the Head of Middle School. All middle school faculty are supported by an experienced divisional team devoted to developing both students and faculty, including the Instructional Coach, Counselor, Learning Specialist, Department Head, Assistant Head of Middle School, Head of Middle School, and Associate Head of School for Academics. As with all faculty openings, the School seeks candidates eager to support our mission of preparing students to meet life’s challenges and lead tomorrow’s world through a superior educational program ungirded by faith in Jesus Christ and Christian principles.
· Teach one grade of middle school science
· Serve as an advisor to nine to ten students in the same grade as your teaching assignment
· Sponsor a middle school activity or club
· Model and guide students in Christ-like values and character development
· Employ current pedagogies, including project-based learning and design thinking
· Deliver innovative curriculum that integrates technology intentionally and appropriately
· Embrace lifelong learning and a growth mindset for yourself and your students
· Participate collaboratively in grade-level, department, division, and all-school teams
· Develop and practice cultural competence in teaching and teamwork
· Communicate effectively with parents and colleagues, both verbally and in writing
· Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, initiative, and self-reflection
· Motivate and engage students
· Delight in teaching children in the middle school years
A bachelor's degree with a minimum of 12 hours of educational courses
Teaching certification for the grade-level applying
At least two years’ full-time teaching experience
Successful completion of background checks and verification