HudsonWay Immersion School (HWIS) is a progressive pre-K through Grade 8 Mandarin and Spanish Immersion School founded 15 years ago in the NJ/NY area. The school’s mission is to prepare students with the knowledge, skills and character to become global contributors and citizens of the world. Our values are excellence, respect, teamwork, integrity, communication, innovation, transparency, customer service, and accountability. HWIS has a strong academic reputation. Students perform well above average and are accepted at top tier independent schools. (www.hwis.org).
HWIS is seeking an experienced Math Teacher to join a team of talented teachers who are educating in English in a preschool to Grade 8 immersion program several subjects with a focus on upper elementary grades in math. Position reports to Head of School and is for the 2021-22 academic year in Stirling, NJ.
1. Creates a safe and inviting environment for learning, physically and emotionally.
2. Understands research-based practices in curriculum design and pedagogy.
3.Uses instructional practices that foster learning for all students by practicing differentiation.
4. Effectively and positively manages classroom.
5. Maintains positive and frequent communication with parents
6. Is actively involved in the school community, participating in school co-curricular activities, events, professional development meetings, etc.
7. Maintains accurate and correct records as required by law, school policy and administrative regulations.
8. Performs other duties, as assigned by the supervisor
Bachelors or Master’s degree in elementary education
Math and/or, or science related field knowledge
Teacher Certification in appropriate subject area preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong organizational and classroom management skills
Strong technology skills, including internet, MS office, use of technology in classroom necessary
Experience with the Immersion methodology or within an Immersion environment is a plus
Please send resume & cover letter (including salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We regret we cannot respond to all applicants. ONLY those of interest will be contacted. Thank you.
Additional Salary Information: Benefits include: Medical, dental, vision, life, FSA, 401K, PTO, holidays, professional development, etc.